Digital Artifacts Creative
- Part 1
WooCommerce utilises native WordPress functionality focusing on usability and user-experience. This is currently the most thorough-bred eCommerce toolkit delivering enterprise-level quality & top notch features allowing an easy access point to young businesses to the eCommerce world.
- Modern and clean interface: WooCommerce is designed to mesh fluidly with the current trends of the default WordPress themes - keeping your store design modern and in-line with current design trends.
- Improved experience for store owners: Administration settings are structured to be used easily on hand-held devices, offering you a superior user experience to update your store on the move.
- Integrates with WordPress content: Great brands are built on publishing and content and WooCommerce is built on WordPress which means you can integrate eCommerce seamlessly with the world's favourite blogging platform.
A successful sale starts long before someone clicks buy. The journey towards the destination is vital and in the world of the web and eCommerce the look, feel and experience of navigating your products, content and site says everything.
Intelligent Shopping UX | Cart
- Pre-installed payment gateways: Choose from five pre-installed gateways including: Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque Payment, Cash on Delivery, Credit card payments with PayPal or Credit card payment with Simplify Commerce (available for US only) which supports Hosted Payments (a PCI Compliant hosted payment platform). Drag and drop them to display your preferred order on the front-end.
- Take control of the checkout process: Enable or disable guest checkout and force secure all checkout processes on your store. Sell to specific countries, or anyone in the world and set specific page urls to handle specific actions during the checkout process.
- Set the default currency: Choose from a range of currencies as your default currency.
- Geo-location support: Built-in geolocation support (with a page caching support option) allows your store to auto-detect your customer's address - making shipping and tax calculations simpler.
- Automatic taxes: Geolocating the “Default Customer Location” coupled with the ability to show taxes in your store based on their location allows you to show relevant prices store-wide.
- Cart behavior: Selective choose to redirect to cart page after the successful addition of a product.
- Reduce page loading: WooCommerce optionally uses AJAX on add to cart buttons, which means your store won't need to reload each time a customer adds a product to or edits their cart.
- Additional gateways: Add additional Payment Gateways to your store, enable role based payment shipping methods, use advanced rules to control the countries/states you wish to sell in and control which payment gateways and shipping methods are available during checkout. You can also choose which payment gateways to display for different countries, as determined by a customer's address.
If a sale is the destination, the cart is the checkout queue where customers can either bail on you and abandon things in the aisles, or add more to their carts and finish strong.
WooCommerce comes with a slick, seamless and intelligent cart.
As part of WooCommerce, there is a wide range of options available
for pretty much everything under the sun when it comes to product type, and the flexibility thereof.
- Unlimited possibilities! WooCommerce can handle anything from one product to thousands with effectiveness critically dependant on the hosting solution you choose.
- Add and manage products: Quickly add products to your store, select images sizes for catalog, single product and thumbnails. Selectively enable a lightbox for product images.
- Product types: Simple Product, Grouped Product, External/Affiliate Product, Variable Product and Virtual/Downloadable Product.
- Product variables: WooCommerce lets you offer a set of variations on a product with control over prices, stock, image, and more for each variation (i.e. for a product like a shirt, you can offer a large, small, etc).
- Inventory management: You can manage your store's inventory easily, track stock levels, hold stock for a period if an order is cancelled, receive notifications to a custom email address (for both low and out of stock items), hide out-of-stock items and more.
- Additional product types available: Subscription Product, Bookable Product, Pre-Order Product, Measurement Based Product, Bundled Product, Chained Product, Composite Product, Force Sell and Add-Ons.
Flexible Shipping Options
- Shipping Calculations: Enable shipping option choices within your store.
- Cart Calculator: You can enable a shipping calculator on the cart page.
- Shipping prices: Optionally hide shipping costs until an address is entered.
- Flexible shipping destinations: Select from shipping address and billing address or only ship to users billing address.
- Restrict sales: Restrict shipping locations by country.
- Multiple Shipping Methods: Flat rate, International Shipping, Local delivery, Local pickup or Automatic which chooses the cheapest method available. Or even offer free shipping.
- Additional shipping options available through extensions: Local Pickup Plus, Per Product, Table Rate Shipping, USPS Shipping, UPS Shipping, FedEx Shipping, Ship to multiple addresses and Role based payment/shipping methods.
- Other popular extensions: Print Invoices & Packing lists, Shipment tracking, Advanced notifications and Postcode/Address Validation.
Handwriting labels, packing boxes and making trips to the post office is part and parcel of every startup story but at some point, you need to spend your time wisely on other aspects of your business. WooCommerce makes shipping, payments, postage and international delivery easier with impressive features built into core and more available via paid and free extensions.
Tax for eCommerce can be a nightmare but WooCommerce core comes with built-in tax features to help storeowners get it right the first time.
- Control your taxes: Taxes are the last thing you want to think about when setting up your shop and one of the last things your customer wants to think about when buying online. So we've made it simple, included in core.
- Custom tax calculations: Taxes can be calculated based on your customer's shipping address, billing address or your stores base address.
- Geo-location enabled taxes: Based on your location, WooCommerce can automatically calculate major country and state tax rates.
- Select customer address: Allow your store to select your customer's address from either none as default, your store's base address or by geolocating the customer's address.
- Control tax classes: Optionally control which tax class shipping gets, or leave it so shipping tax is based on the cart items themselves.
- Control the display of taxes in your store: Select if prices are displayed in the shop excluding or including tax. Select if prices are displayed during cart and check excluding or including tax and select if tax totals are displayed itemised or totalled.
- Define tax rates: Choose from standard rates, reduced rate rates or zero tax rates.
- Additional options: Use Taxamo Integration to keep track of and handle all of your EU VAT rules to keep your shop in line with the new laws starting in 2015. You can also automate your tax with one of the popular extensions for TaxJar, Xero or Freshbooks.
WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time and is without a doubt that its existence and usage in web projects democratises the web, offering a phenomenal publishing tool but also an easy and affordable way to start your professional or business website with an intuitive content-editor and an ever expanding suite of tools.
WooCommerce utilises native WordPress functionality to keep the codebase lightweight, secure and reliable. This is currently the most thorough-bred eCommerce toolkit delivering enterprise-level quality & top notch features while there are thousands of businesses and individuals using, extending & contributing new features on a daily basis.